Monday, June 28, 2010

Satire at its Best

It has been too long since my last update. Summer has been a bit busier than I intended, but it hasn't been without inspiration. For those few holdouts who haven't seen Unkrich's wonderful third installment in the Toy Story Franchise, I would suggest that you do so immediately (and as much as it pains me, I recommend a 3d viewing, if only for the brilliant short from Teddy Newton). Possessing a strong desire to avoid shifting this blog's focus to my personal reviews of animated features, I will spare you a synopsis.

I promise updates will be more relevant and more frequent in the future, but in the mean-time I will post a video that had me in stitches. Created by Matt Stone and Trey Parker (the creative minds behind South Park), it is a mock-employee video for Universal Studios (formerly MCA) following their acquisition by Seagrams Co. See if you catch the various cameo appearances (they include; Michael J. Fox, Steven Spielberg, and Jeffrey Katzenberg).

Part 1:


Part 2:


This video is also humorously relevant to my current read; The Men Who Would Be King by Nicole Laporte.

Cheers,
-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment