Friday, May 21, 2010

Obligatory Introductory First Post

Hello World!

My name is Scott Kennell, and I am a sophomore animation student at Savannah College of Art and Design. Possessing both a desire to break out into the industry and a passion for this wonderful craft I have decided to establish an online presence beyond the realm of "social networking sites."

Thus, without further ado, I bring you: "Scott Kennell Animation- the projects and musings of a student of animation... the blog!" With this I establish the basic requirements to enter the blogging world as I understand them (passionate author feeling the itch for an online voice, sarcastic, informal delivery teetering on the edge of wit, unnecessarily-wordy-yet-unoriginal-title... which will be shortened to fit within the confines of Blogspot's character limits, etc.)

Formalities aside, I hope to use this blog as a form of networking, as well as outlet for me to banter on the various events in animation today. I will feature my various works-in-progress (animation, sketchbooks, character designs, etc.) and keep the blog updated on a more frequent basis than my website as I tirelessly work to find a job as a character animator in the coming years. I will also post various shorts, trailers, articles, etc that I find of relevance regarding my favorite animators, or the field of animation in general.

All in all, I hope that you enjoy reading my blog, and will freely provide commentary or critique of me or my work as I begin my journey!

cheers,
-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment